Re: META info

by =?iso-8859-1?B?TGF1cmkgVuRpbg==?= <optima(at)hot.ee>

 Date:  Tue, 25 Jul 2000 18:24:01 +0300
 To:  <sugarcrisp53(at)webtv.net>,
<hwg-basics(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hello Pam,

>I saw these on a free web services site. It's supposed to make your
site
>more search engine friendly. Do these work? If they do then I might add
>these to my pages.

><META NAME="ROBOTS" CONTENT="index,follow">
>(This tells the spider to follow links on your site and list other
>pages.)

Yes, this works. The values could be "index", "follow", "noindex",
"nofollow", "all", "none".
Index tells the search engines to index the page in their database.
Follow tells the engine to follow the links on your site to other pages.
Noindex tells the engine not to index the page.
Nofollow tells the engine not to follow the links on your page to other
pages.
All means "index,follow" and tells the engine to index the page and to
follow links.
None means "nofollow,noindex" and tells the engine not to index the page
nor to follow the links.

><META NAME="REVISIT-AFTER" CONTENT="4 weeks">
>(This tells the spider to re-visit your site in x amount of time.)

This tag isn't supported by most engines, at least by the major ones.
Not recommended!

Best wishes,
Lauri V�in
--