Re: [ . . .] . . . DTD Modification<Rebuttal>

by "Paul Wilson" <webguroo(at)tampabay.rr.com>

 Date:  Wed, 3 Oct 2001 09:48:20 -0400
 To:  <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>,
"Captain F.M. O'Lary" <ctfuzzy(at)canopy.net>
  todo: View Thread, Original
> I guess I have to agree with you Paul. First; I ~do~ have a reputation to
> uphold. Second; I have been sitting here trying to ignore your message for
> ~hours~ and I just can't do it . . so here goes:

I appologize for jumping down your throat.  I also tried to keep quiet and
failed.

I looked at your email from Friday and it was of no help.  The problem goes
beyond a simplistic solution. It fixes NS 4.7 but not NS 6 problems.

Many of us work for people that see something on the net and they want that
new whiz-bang look, feel, or gizmo.  They want it now and they accept few
excuses.  They don't know what compliant is and they don't care.  I could
write a whole book on that subject.

You build many nice looking sites, but your focus is on supporting ancient
relics that belong in the Smithsonian PC section.  Few of us have that
option.  Life would be so simple if I could stick to HTML 3.2

It's too easy for you to be an advocate for standards.  You don't appear to
share the hassles the rest of us do.

Paul Wilson
webguroo(at)tampabay.rr.com