Re: alt tags in image maps

by "Steven Antonio" <santonio(at)delanet.com>

 Date:  Fri, 28 Apr 2000 16:47:21 -0400
 To:  "HGW-Basics" <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
> >I may not have made myself clear. I'm taking the accessibilty class and
we
> >have to turn images off. On an image map, the alt text for the links
don't
> >show up if the images are turned off. Is there any way to have them show
up.
> >Do I need to break the image?

> I believe Jason has the answer; insert a [title="alt text"] attribute in
> your [a href]'s.

The purpose of the "title" attribute is to have a 'tool tip' appear when you
'hover' over a link, not alternate text for an image, only the "alt"
attribute can do that.  Since there would be no image to hover over.....

Rayne, I also have the same problem in one of my client side image maps.
I'd like to know the answer myself.

Steve A.