Re: W3C Validation Errors

by "Kathleen Anderson" <kathleen(at)spiderwebwoman.com>

 Date:  Sun, 14 May 2000 08:16:52 -0400
 To:  "C. A. Milton" <camilton(at)icx.net>,
<hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi Caryl:
Change your DOCTYPE to 4.01 transitional - that will get rid of the name
error.
As far as the code supplied by 3rd parties, I have changed code provided by
affiliate programs and gotten it to validate and not gotten into any trouble
with the companies that run the program.
You can remove the NOSAVE tags - I think they are proprietary.
Change the '&' to '&amp;'.
Your script statements should look like this: <SCRIPT TYPE="text/javascript"
LANGUAGE="JavaScript">
The last error </a> seems to be a simple HTML error.
HTH,
~ Kathleen Anderson
Spider Web Woman Designs
mailto:kathleen(at)spiderwebwoman.com