Re: Mountains to big to climb

by "Bryan Bateman" <batemanb(at)home.com>

 Date:  Fri, 20 Oct 2000 12:47:07 +0100
 To:  <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>,
"Captain F.M. O'Lary" <ctfuzzy(at)canopy.net>
  todo: View Thread, Original
been around the block.  Know that they have someone in mind that operates in
that manner, but they have to open it to the public ( it is a school system)

They advertized for a webmaster, but actually it seems they need more of a
graphic artist and wanted someone with photoshop to come and draw them a
pretty picture.

ya win some ya loose some.  No hard feelings if someone on this list
recognises the job opening.

I asked the question here to see if this type of method was being used by
other employers?  If this is the norm then I better rethink the way I am
preparing my job search.

I thought the method was more how a contracting company bid for work and not
what I am used to seeing when actually applying for work.  Maybe this is the
beginning of the gray line between those two pursuits.