Re: hwg-basics-digest V1 #606

by "Neil Plucknett" <neil.plucknett(at)saabs.co.uk>

 Date:  Tue, 4 Jan 2000 19:33:45 -0000
 To:  <hwg-basics(at)mail.hwg.org>
 Cc:  <buffys97(at)one.net>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Mary Ann Allenwrote:

> Subject: Stumped by a "mail to" problem
>
> Hello folks,
>
> One of my website guests with an aol address, clicked on an e-
> mail link on my site.  Instead of getting the e-mail blank, she was
> taken to the oops page with the info that the "page" she was
> clicking on didn't exist.  She was kind enough to e-mail me offsite to
> let me know this was happening.  She said the same thing
> happened to her when she tried to e-mail me from another one of
> my sites.
>
> I asked her to hover over the link and tell me what she sees.  This
> is what she did....
>
> *********
> ........and at bottom hovered over blue HERE in
> order
> to "Contact Karen Arbogast"; got <Link:
> http://www.crosswinds.net/~plantation/buffys97(at)one.net>
> Clicked that and got:
> =A0
> Oops...
> Looks like the page you were looking for was not found on the
> Crosswinds
> server. If you typed in the URL manually, please double check
> the URL to
> make sure that you typed it correctly.
>
> *********************
>
> When I hover over the mail link, I get the normal mailto address.
>  What is happening?  I have asked another non-aol person to
> test the link and it works fine!  Here is my url.
>
> http://www.crosswinds.net/~plantation/longlive.html
>
> The link in question is the blue "HERE".
>
> I also asked her to go to some other site and click on a mail
> link.  She did that and said everything was a-ok.
>
> I also went to Dr.HTML and checked out my page and it was
> okay - no errors according to "him".
>
> Thank you for any help you can give me.

I tried the link specified and it hovered OK and opened the mail screen OK.
However when I hit the "Send" button in NS 4.7 I got the following error
mesage "An error occured while sending mail.. The server responded: relaying
to <buffys97(at)one.net> prohibited by Administrator.    Please check the
recipients and try again"   Nothing on the pages code would seem to have
genrated to messages received from your friend - maybe it's another
manifestation of A-Oh-Hells problems???

Regards,

Neil.