Re: Tables -- Help!

by "Paul Wilson" <webgooru(at)gte.net>

 Date:  Fri, 25 May 2001 13:54:05 -0400
 To:  "Evelyn Hunter" <boots(at)aloha.net>,
<hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
> Why won't it work? What have I missed? There is a lot of excess scribble
in
> the source on this one 'cause I keep trying everything.  I am stupid and
> cannot figure it out and none of the tutorials address this -- I guess
> everyone is supposed to know.  Sigh.

There are some non-standard tag that are needed,  add

MARGINWIDTH="0" MARGINHEIGHT="0" LEFTMARGIN="0" TOPMARGIN="0"

to your body tag.  If you want tables that go up flush too, use

BORDER="0" CELLPADDING="0" CELLSPACING="0"

in the tabel tags.

The body tags above are proprietary.  One pair works for IE the other for NN
and almost all validators will tell you they are not standard - but they
work.

Paul Wilson
webgooru(at)gte.net