Re: misc questions

by "Donna M Smillie" <dms(at)zetnet.co.uk>

 Date:  Thu, 2 Mar 2000 19:40:25 -0000
 To:  "MC B" <mc_b2(at)hotmail.com>,
<hwg-basics(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
> can you tell me what the hover attribute is for?

It's a feature, currently supported by IE only, which allows you to
specify the behaviour of link text when the user "hovers" the cursor
over the link (eg a change of colour).

> 2) I tried to put the trademark symbol in this format
>
> &#172;
>
> but it showd some kind of scrawl, and &not; didn't work as well: might
it
> depend on teh fact I didn't add any <meta> to specify the ISO-LATIN
> character set?

More likely to be because the trademark symbol is &#8482; (or &trade;
but that isn't supported by NN at the moment).  :-)

Regards,
Donna
--
dms(at)zetnet.co.uk