Re: This is not another WYSIWYG thread...

by "Ted Temer" <temer(at)c-zone.net>

 Date:  Tue, 4 Jan 2000 14:19:13 -0800
 To:  "HWGBASICS" <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Mike:

Nothing I say should EVER be considered as "cast in stone". But
it seems as far as I can tell, to be pretty well documented and
understood that one does not FTP to a site using FrontPage
Extensions as it will corrupt the extensions. I have seen this
warning several times from MS certified people.

As none of the sites I am working with at present, uses the
extensions, I can not speak from first hand experience. And as I
have never installed the Server Extension documentation off my
CD, I do not have the information readily at hand.

AS FrontPage is such a handy EDITOR, I use it all the time and
FTP to the web site. But I repeat, I am NOT using the Extensions.

Best wishes
Ted Temer
Temercraft Designs Redding, CA
temer(at)c-zone.net