Re: Really Scary

by "Paul Wilson" <webgooru(at)gte.net>

 Date:  Tue, 9 Jan 2001 10:55:46 -0500
 To:  "Carol Parent" <cbwd(at)means.net>,
"HWG-Basics" <hwg-basics(at)mail.hwg.org>
> come with an "internal" ftp ability.   All of this was free.
>
> I am really beginning to feel redundant as a Web Designer.  Yes Yes I
know,
> we have skills that go way beyond putting a site together, but more and
more
> it would seem that the "pure" website designer may become very
unnecessary.

We are not redundant.  The "one size fits all" capability of these programs
has been around for years.  FP has been very successful with this to a
point.  They are fine for a personal webpage.

Most business people want websites that have a distinctive look and feel
they can't get from these programs.  They want to see an identity.
Something that looks as if it was done by a professional. They have their
own ideas of what they want and they won't accept less than what they want.
These programs can't give them that control.  We all know how difficult they
can get.

Paul WIlson
webgooru(at)gte.net