Re: COPYING FROM A WEB SITE!

by "Paul Rudolf" <paul(at)ntyc.net>

 Date:  Mon, 4 Oct 1999 13:09:56 -0700
 To:  "Dick" <r.schweiss(at)worldnet.att.net>,
<hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
I have experimented with the "code" that was shown, and some other versions
of similar code, and the code can be bypassed by any average "image thief".

On Windows systems, every web page, image, and even style sheets are cached,
usually in one of the "temporary internet files" directories.  Indeed, just
by looking at the page, every image is "downloaded".

Sorry to say, but if you really want to protect your images from being
illegally copied, don't post them.

Your "used with permission" statement should cover you.

My dad had this saying.  "Locks are for honest people."

paul