Re: Fixed background and Netscape

by "Steven Antonio" <santonio(at)delanet.com>

 Date:  Fri, 30 Jun 2000 00:21:10 -0400
 To:  "HTML Writers' Guild" <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>,
"lshum" <lshum(at)localline.com>
  todo: View Thread, Original
> Now that I took care of my not so honest mistake can someone tell me why
my
> fixed background looks to badly in Netscape? The invisiable coding by the
> way was suggested to me by a person here locally. I have learned alot
since
> then.
>
> www.htmldesigns.net/examples.html

Ishum,

I noticed three things:

1.  The "background properties" attribute doesn't exist in HTML and
therefore is not valid.  Netscape will probably just ignore it, but W3C's
validator won't and tell you your page doesn't validate.

2.  You should probably fill the empty table cell in the first table with a
non-breaking space entity for Netscape's sake.

3.  Your second table is missing the opening table tag.  This is probably
your main culprit.

hth,
Steve