Re: Designing for WebTV

by "Ray T. Mahorney" <coffee_head(at)coastalnet.com>

 Date:  Fri, 11 May 2001 03:48:27 -0400
 To:  "Lauren Hanka" <bluejay(at)starband.net>,
<hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
From: "Lauren Hanka" <bluejay(at)starband.net>
To: <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
Sent: Friday, May 11, 2001 12:10 AM
Subject: Re: Designing for WebTV

Hummmm...

This is *not* the meaning or direction I intended! Let's refocus:

I just don't care for the way sites look in WebTV. They are squished. It
seems that they would be best approached using a mostly text format, and
forget the graphics. So, because the magic in Internet sites is in the
graphics, and I'd rather not abandon those effects, my thoughts were to
create a simple, text based page(s) separately for WebTV viewers, because
there seem to be a lot of them out there! I just would like to solve this
simple dilemma, and that's why I asked all of you --to see how you all
approach this concern. I'm not interested in getting into "accessibility"
issues at this time, and it was probably the furthest thing from my mind
when I posted my inquiry originally.

Lauren