Re: Search Engine Placement

by "Ted Temer" <temer(at)c-zone.net>

 Date:  Wed, 13 Dec 2000 13:54:13 -0800
 To:  "HWGBASICS" <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Bryan:

> Anyone seen this??????????
>
> http://docs.yahoo.com/info/suggest/faq.html

Yes--I for one have seen it and felt compelled to "rip them a stitch" on my
editorial page in my magazine. http://www.newsredding.com/editor.stm In
fact, I included the URL you mentioned and quoted from that page in part.

The "conclusion" paragraph of my editorial rant is quoted below:

" .......
Each business will make their own decisions. But we can not help but feel
that this is going one step too far. Yahoo already labors under a very
unfavourable reputation of taking forever to get a site listed on their
directory. And now they want $199 with no guarantee that even then, your
site will be listed.

Because of all this, it is obvious that a very large number of businesses
will never be listed with Yahoo. Therefore, for surfers and/or consumers we
must reluctantly remove our recommendation of Yahoo as a viable source of
search information."

Ted Temer
Temercraft Designs Redding, CA
temer(at)c-zone.net