Re: CSS in Netscape

by "Paul Rudolf" <paul(at)ntyc.net>

 Date:  Wed, 29 Sep 1999 12:19:43 -0700
 To:  "David Holm" <david.holm(at)rivcom.net>,
<elias(at)assumptionabbey.com>,
"HTML Writers Guild / Basics" <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
This a really an unfortunate problem.  We as HTML designers and authors are
up against a wall that won't stand still.

I've seen posts in this list and others regarding complaining the W3 is
"behind the technology", yet every browser development team seems to ignore
these standards to bring out their own standards, or comply in a way that
"breaks" rendering.  Let the "bells & whistles" be added as plugins!  Don't
destroy our work!  As complicated as the HTML and CSS specifications are,
they are simplified by learning their use.

If the W3 is so far behind, why can't the latest browsers comply to these
standards?

I would like suggest we, as a group, start "hammering" the browser
developers with e-mail stressing our dissatisfication in rendering our work
when created (or coded) to the W3 specifications.

Maybe we could convince HWG to also display a page (that we could link to)
to address this problem?

paul

(No matter how hard you try to push a chain, you always end up pulling it!)