Re: Thank You Microsoft!!

by "Bert Doorn" <bert(at)betterwebdesign.com.au>

 Date:  Fri, 21 Sep 2001 09:09:20 +0800
 To:  "HWG Basics" <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Ted

> And HEY --- How come it always seems that those who agree with me, post to
> me privately ...  and those who disagree, post to the list ??

How about this - I agree with you (so there - it's on the list).  While I am
no fan of M$, I am using their software and I have installed the
notification for critical updates.  Install them when necessary and I have
not had a worm attack my system yet.  Or if they have, they were
unsuccessful.  Oh, yes, I run a firewall too, have a virus shield in pace
and I don't execute attachments to emails.

But thousands out there either don't know HOW to set all that up or find
it's too much trouble.  These are the people who spread viruses, trojans,
worms and what have you.  Not deliberately, of course.

But I think this topic is off-topic?
--
Bert Doorn, Web Developer
http://www.betterwebdesign.com.au/