Re: CSS and browser compatibility

by "Tim Rivera" <lists(at)timrivera.com>

 Date:  Mon, 17 Mar 2003 22:34:17 -0500
 To:  "james" <jamiergroberts(at)hotmail.com>,
<hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
> Could I ask anyone who has five minutes spare to check the site at
> www.MarisaMartin.com in whatever browsers they have available

Hello James,

The site looks good and fairly identical in Opera 6&7, Mozilla, and IE5.5&6.
The only thing I didn't like is that the site is apparently designed for
high resolutions. I had to step back from the computer when I opened the
page at 800x600. But heck, it's been set at 1024x768 all day now, and I
think I can get use to this.

NN4 will make you turn away from the computer. BTW, NN4 does not support the
background-color keyword "transparent", and renders the background black.
Black text on black background means no text. Since "transparent" is the
default value for 'background-color', you would be best to omit that from
your style sheet. Here's a screenshot of the page in NN4:
http://www.timrivera.com/ss/marisamartinNN4.jpg

Tim