Re: This is not another WYSIWYG thread...

by "Ted Temer" <temer(at)c-zone.net>

 Date:  Tue, 4 Jan 2000 14:43:37 -0800
 To:  "HWGBASICS" <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Debra and others:

I probably didn't make myself clear before, (as usual), but I
agree with Debra. As far as I know my Warning about FTP'ing to
Webs using FrontPage Extensions only applies to the FP site
itself. I don't think it bothers anyone else. It just corrupts
the Extensions for the actual site that was using the extensions.

As an example, if you were using Extensions on yoursite.com and
someone FTP'ed to theirsite.com which was hosted on the same
server, there should be no problem. BUT--if you FTP'ed to
yoursite.com, you might corrupt the extensions.

At least, this is my understanding at present.

Again best wishes
Ted Temer
Temercraft Designs Redding, CA
temer(at)c-zone.net
http://www.temercraft.com
http://www.newsredding.com/

>> >2. (Lois--please note also.) You can NOT--repeat--NOT, FTP to
>> >site containing FP Extensions. You'll mess up the Extensions.
>>

>> I used to have a site on a server with FP extensions and
FTP'ed to it all
>> the time.  My hosting company said it was just fine.  Guess
they should
>have
>> been more careful.
>
>Ditto.  My host said that normally they don't add FTP access for
frontpage
>sites only because most people don't usually use it, but it can
easily be
>confiqured to accept FTP without detrimental effect to
extensions.  Only the
>pages uploaded with frontpage will be integrated and use
frontpage