Re: A Perfect Web Site!

by Gregor Pirnaver <gregor.pirnaver(at)email.si>

 Date:  Mon, 12 Feb 2001 23:21:39 +0100
 To:  "Ted Temer" <temer(at)c-zone.net>
 Cc:  HWGBASICS <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Choice is GOOD!

On Monday 12 February 2001 19:57 you wrote:
> Glitz and glitter are the norm.

DHTML is cool. So what? IMHO accessibility is far more=20
important than coolness. Is coolness the only thing you=20
have to offer?

> If they are working for a boss or CEO so stupid as not to
> realize that if they don't upgrade, then their
> compitition will---well then, it may be time to look for
> a more stable source of income.

People should be free to chose the way they want to access=20
information on the web.

> Why IE-5?? Simple. It's the most popular. It supports the
> most features and even comes on all the new computers.

Which IE5? :)

> I leave you now to go rummage through the closet to see
> if I still have a set of fireman's turn-outs left from my
> law enforcement cross training. I suspect I'm going to
> need them.

:) You can joke about it, but I think it is really sad that=20
so few are able to see the whole picture. There are just so=20
many ways web developers could use web to everyone's=20
advantage if only they could see beyond the form.

--=20
Gregor @ Mandrake 7.2 -> KDE 2.0 -> Kmail 1.1.99 -> ;-)