Re: Multiple Tables

by "Bert Doorn" <bdoorn(at)iinet.net.au>

 Date:  Tue, 19 Oct 1999 23:43:13 +0800
 To:  <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
G'day

> Is there a way that the child table can be positioned and 'anchored'
> within the parent table. For example the child table positioned in the
> upper left corner of the parent table. I need something that will work
> in both NN and IE

Yep - standard HTML (deprecated but valid under HTML4 Transitional).  Set
the ALIGN and VALIGN attributes of the parent cell.

    TD ALIGN="left" VALIGN="top" (for top left corner)
    TD ALIGN="right" VALIGN="top" (for top right corner)
    TD ALIGN="right" VALIGN="bottom" (for bottom right corner)
    TD ALIGN="left" VALIGN="bottom" (for bottom left corner)

And so on.  TD alignment defaults to left (horizontal) and middle (vertical)
unless specified otherwise in the TR.  So in most cases you could (for
left-aligned) leave out the ALIGN attribute.

HTH
--
Bert Doorn, Web Developer
http://www.betterwebdesign.com.au/