Re: Olympus D-490

by "Paul Wilson" <webgooru(at)gte.net>

 Date:  Mon, 29 Jan 2001 12:44:24 -0500
 To:  <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>,
"Captain F.M. O'Lary" <ctfuzzy(at)canopy.net>
  todo: View Thread, Original
.
> beyond themselves . . . over the new Mavica that stores to the baby cd.
> I've worked with a lot of those pix after the fact, and I can tell you
from
> the Geek's perspective, they're GrreeeeaaaaTTT ! (isn't that how Tony says
> it?).

Nothing wrong with that camera.... except the price tag.  If money were no
object, I would be looking further up the food chain.  The Sony's I saw in
the $300 to $600 price range were older models or fairly basic 640 X 480-ish
models.  That's not to say I didn't miss anything, but I don't recall seeing
a megapixel Sony camera with the features I wanted.  You never know when you
need to take a movie or panoramic image.  Maybe a Sony next time.

Paul Wilson
webgooru(at)gte.net