Re: table trouble

by "Mark Harvey" <bowling(at)>

 Date:  Fri, 17 Sep 1999 21:11:22 +0100
 To:  <hwg-basics(at)>

From: Jill George <jzilla(at)>
To: <hwg-basics(at)>
Sent: Thursday, September 16, 1999 8:22 PM
Subject: table trouble

> My site has a lot of pictures and to clean up some of the pages, I put
> of the pictures in tables w/borders. They are single cell. I've been told
> that to some, they are left justified but to me and most, they look
> centered. I used a <p align=center> before each table but apparrently,
> that's not enough. Is there anything I can do about this?
> Jill George
Hi Jill

Not saying I know a lot about it but -
I use a <CENTER></CENTER> set of tags around the frames I want to center -
this seems to solve the problems in all the browsers I've tested on (MSIE,
Netscape 3 & 4.6, ANT Fresco).

Hope this helps.

Mark Harvey
Striking Home - Tenpin Bowling Coaching and More!