Re: Multiple Browser Versions

by "Starr Wolf Design" <starrwolfdesign(at)starrwolf.com>

 Date:  Mon, 9 Aug 1999 19:09:52 -0500
 To:  "Charlene Wall" <cdwall(at)c2i2.com>,
<hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Charlene:

There are "freebies" on the Net that you can use, but, you get what you
"don't" pay for in my opinion. The free progs are okay, but, for
professional work they severely lack and you don't want your work to show
it.

Our Student Interns have found that Paint Shop Pro version 4 or 5 (aka
PSP4 - PSP5) has a friendly learning curve and it is a dynamic graphic
design program that our regular design staff use in most of our design work.

Sorry to say that you will have to put out $40 to $60 bucks depending upon
what version you buy and the retailer, but, it is trully worth it. We have
used 4 since it was released and also have the new version 5. However, we
use 4 and 5 together because 5 still has a couple of bugs they've yet to
work out and 4 covers these buggy areas.

If you are going to spend any time at all in this profession I suggest you
go ahead and invest in this program and spend the time to learn it while you
have the spare time before you get a job and find yourself needing it and
not having it.

This program can be researched here:

http://www.jasc.com

They are the manufacturer, however, don't buy it from them because they want
too much. Either buy it locally, or, if you mail order go thru "Egghead"
software (http://www.egghead.com).

There are also "Plug In" programs which do amazing special effects to an
image and are compatible with PSP. We use two plug in programs manufactured
by "Alien Skin" software and they are wonderful. They will run you about $50
each.

If you want any further info feel free to holler. Someone here is always
willing to help.

Jason
SWD
http://www.starrwolf.com