Re: Email link not working

by "Donna M Smillie" <dms(at)zetnet.co.uk>

 Date:  Mon, 29 Nov 1999 23:06:42 -0000
 To:  "Kef M" <beachgal_51(at)yahoo.com>,
<hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi Kef

I think you'll find that the problem lies in whether or not the user has
configured a particular browser to "know" what email program to use to
handle things like "mailto" links.  The link you've got on your page is
fine, but this illustrates why you'll see people suggesting on here
sometimes that it's better to use a CGI based form to provide a way for
your users to contact you, rather than depending on a mailto link which may
or may not work depending on how they've got their browser set up.

Regards,
Donna
--
dms(at)zetnet.co.uk