Re: Netscape messes up background images in tables - correction

by "Donna M Smillie" <dms(at)zetnet.co.uk>

 Date:  Thu, 14 Oct 1999 14:50:48 +0100
 To:  "Martin Eager" <martin(at)runic.com>,
<hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Oops - correction below...

----- Original Message -----
From: Donna M Smillie <dms(at)zetnet.co.uk>

> Alternatively, if you work with a single table, with the background image
> specified in the TABLE tag, you would add BACKGROUND="" to every TD tag
> prevent the image from loading into every cell, and allow the image to be
> displayed as a single background for the table.

I'm sure I used that before successfully, but I should also have double
checked this one before sending my original post, since I've just tried it
and it doesn't appear to work, at least not in NN4.6.

So the best way is to use a containing table with the background image, and
nest one or more tables inside that with the content.

Sorry about that small piece of misinformation!

Regards,
Donna
--
dms(at)zetnet.co.uk