Re: Forms Question

by "Paul Wilson" <webgooru(at)gte.net>

 Date:  Thu, 17 Aug 2000 09:46:22 -0500
 To:  "Jen~" <korina(at)revealed.net>,
<hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
> I am working on a website where I need to have a form submitted to an
e-mail
> address.  I am using FrontPage 2000 so it's easy enough to set up the
> properties in the form builder.  The problem I am having is that I have a

My experience is that not all browsers are capable of sending email. Many
people do not configure their browser to do email because they use a
separate program.  Still others download the barebones browser without email
capability.

What I am leading up to here is that unless you know all the viewers are
capable of doing email via their browser, like a corporate Intranet, then
you should look for another way of doing this.  Since you want a complex
form able to do cool things, you might want to look at a CGI program that
allows this.  I use AlphaMail for this.

Since you are using FP you might also consider an ASP mailer but I am just
getting into ASP and not able to help in that direction. (yet)

Paul Wilson
webgooru(at)gte.net