Re: Linking question

by "Donna M Smillie" <dms(at)zetnet.co.uk>

 Date:  Mon, 4 Oct 1999 21:39:09 +0100
 To:  "rbrosey" <rbrosey(at)earthlink.net>,
<hwg-basics(at)mail.hwg.org>
From: rbrosey <rbrosey(at)earthlink.net>

> So, on the first page it normally would have a simple call as <a
> href="whatever.htm" target="main"></a> but I don't what just the
> whatever.htm doc to launch into the present main window.  What I want is
> launch say index2.htm and them load that whatever.htm doc into the main
> window.

Hi Rob

If I understand you correctly just make your link <a href="index2.htm"
target="_top">Link text</a>.

That will load index2.htm (which I think is another frameset document?)
into the browser window, replacing the current frameset, and index2.htm
will then load the appropriate files into each frame.

Is that what you were looking for?

Regards,
Donna
--