Re: 'meta http-equiv' vs. 'meta name='

by =?iso-8859-1?B?TGF1cmkgVuRpbg==?= <optima(at)hot.ee>

 Date:  Wed, 12 Jul 2000 00:24:27 +0300
 To:  <roan(at)roanbear.com>,
<hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hello Roan,
The HTTP-EQUIV attribute is a equivalent for HTTP headers. The HTTP
headers will be sent to your browser by the server after a request for a
page/file has been made. This information may direct/control how your
page will be displayed in a browser.

The NAME attribute is there to provide additional information about the
document (such as keywords, description, author information, copyright
information and so on).

There is still a disagreement between many people about with which
attribute the keywords should go, this is why you'll find duplicates on
some pages. I personally would recommend using

separated list">

Best wishes,
Lauri V�in
--
Lauri V�in
Your own .com .net .org domain name is the best