Re: Advice please

by "The Web Center" <admin(at)webctr.com>

 Date:  Wed, 8 Sep 1999 21:21:36 -0400
 To:  <hwg-basics(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
For what it's worth, my advice on immediate fields to explore:

1st:
HTML 4.0, esp Transitional and Frames
JavaScript

2nd:
DHTML
CSS

3rd:
Perl/CGI Apps
Server side scripting (PHP or ASP, etc)
Graphics Manipulations

4th:
XML and whatever style sheet spec is finally decided on
Java

5th:
Having gotten this far, you may now give me advice instead...:)

It seems I forgot to put allot of emphasis on proprietary applications.  Oh
well, maybe next time...

Consider also relational databases, such as MySQL...they are becoming more
important daily..

Darrell