Re: Guestbooks

by "Abhay S. Kushwaha" <abhay(at)kushwaha.com>

 Date:  Mon, 13 Sep 1999 08:09:14 +0530
 To:  "Basics [HWG]" <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hello Peter,

I doubt anybody is going to give you anything for free. The so called
free services run on the advertising revenue that is generated by the
links they make you place.

Anyway, try Toolzone [1] as I found their link the most unobtrusive on
the page and their Guesbook, which they call, "Registry" is quite
powerful as well. I've had no problems with them.

I haven't had the time to look properly for free CGI-hosting companies
but I guess there are more where the site mentioned by you comes
from -- try a hard-core search on a search-engine or a directory. Then
again, most will expect you to have a domain. This is to minimise
abuse by unauthorised personnel.

Wish you luck in your endeavour... ;)

[abhay]