Re: LYNX

by "Donna M Smillie" <dms(at)zetnet.co.uk>

 Date:  Fri, 3 Dec 1999 00:14:49 -0000
 To:  "Adalbert Goertz" <goertza(at)fatalerr.com>,
<hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
From: Adalbert Goertz <goertza(at)fatalerr.com>

> Some people wonder how they can download LYNX. Well, you dont. LYNX is
> installed on my UNIX-server and is the browser of default (LAP-M).

In fact you can download Lynx - I did!

See http://www.crl.com/%7Esubir/lynx/binaries.html for links to downloads
of compiled versions of Lynx for Windows 95/98/NT
(http://www.fdisk.com/doslynx/lynxport.htm), Mac (this has moved from the
link given - it's now at
http://hobbes.nmsu.edu/cgi-bin/h-browse?sh=1&dir=/pub/os2/apps/internet/www
/browser), OS/2 (http://studentweb.tulane.edu/~jmcbray/lynx/) and various
flavours of Unix.  The Windows version is finicky to set up, but once it is
it works fine.  Can't comment on the other versions.  Much info on Lynx
available at http://lynx.browser.org/.

Regards,
Donna
--