Re: Web TV

by "Mr J. Michael Cates" <jmcates(at)ameritech.net>

 Date:  Fri, 18 Feb 2000 22:49:37 -0500
 To:  <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
I do not normally post here but here are some hints on WebTV

#1 WebTV can use IRC chat

Currently WebTV has an agreement with Talk City, Inc. which also allows
pages to add personal chat to their pages, while having trained standards
staff. You can check the standards at http://www.talkcity.com/csa/

To apply for youe own room visit http://www.talkcity.com/irc/apply.htmpl .
You will be send HTML Markup to add to your page. This allows both WebTV
users and PC Users to join (It will launch Java chat for PC Users.)

#2 WebTV can use discussion boards and such. The only major limitations to
WebTV is Java and some major scripting. CGI and Server Side normally does
not pose a problem.

#3  WebTV offers a free emulator at http://developer.webtv.net/ to help yall
out.

(*Disclaimer* I am a member of Talk City staff and able to help you with
chat aspects. You can contact me at JustiCCCe(at)hosts.talkcity.com or the
address below )

Sincerely,

Mr. J. Michael Cates
jmcates(at)ameritech.net