Say "NO" to cache [Was: Re: COPYING FROM A WEB SITE!]

by "Abhay S. Kushwaha" <abhay(at)kushwaha.com>

 Date:  Tue, 5 Oct 1999 14:42:30 +0530
 To:  "Basics [HWG]" <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Yes, I guess that is what I am saying. Far as I know, adding

  <META HTTP-EQUIV="Pragma" CONTENT="no-cache">

between the <HEAD> & </HEAD> will prevent all content of your page
from being stored in the cache.

Secondly, I recently came upon an article which stated that if I
referred to my images in absolute terms, the browser will not cache
them... eg: SRC="http://domain.com/mysite/images/something.jpg"
Don't know how accurate the latter claim is.

[abhay]