Re: another problem viewing in Netscape

by "Paul Wilson" <webgooru(at)gte.net>

 Date:  Fri, 8 Jun 2001 16:38:21 -0400
 To:  <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>,
"Lois Duckworth" <leduckw(at)ici.net>
  todo: View Thread, Original
> If someone works with Microsoft Front Page and has any more insight I'd
> really appreciate it.  Is that the editor that ships with Microsoft
> Explorer?

The editor that comes with I.E. is FrontPage Express which is a very basic
GUI type editor with few bells and whistles and no real relationship with
FrontPage.

FrontPage 2002 is the most recent version and goes for around $150.
http://shopper.cnet.com/shopping/resellers/1,10231,0-7085-311-5600609,00.htm

If your using FP because you need some of it's special features or tie-ins
that's OK, but if you are using it because you don't know how to code, your
really hurting yourself.  You need to know how to write code without the
editor.  Editors are not infallible and eventually you will be asked to do
something the editor alone won't be able to do.

Editors are tools.  I use several depending on what I am doing.  I use one
for HTML, a different one for XML and a third for JavaScript.  I also use
about five graphics programs and pick the one that suits the task the best.

If I am out in the garage banging on a piece of wood,  I may use different
hammers and different chisels - but it's the person doing the work, not the
tool that gets it done.

Paul Wilson
webgooru(at)gte.net