Re: Splash Page

by =?iso-8859-1?B?TGF1cmkgVuRpbg==?= <optima(at)hot.ee>

 Date:  Wed, 12 Jul 2000 13:04:30 +0300
 To:  "Steven Antonio" <santonio(at)delanet.com>,
"HTML Writers' Guild" <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>,
"Ronnie Marchand" <rmarch0728(at)hotmail.com>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hello Ronnie,
I wouldn't recommend using the META REFRESH tag. Yes, it's a useful
thing in some cases. But(sorry :-)), some search engines will rank you
lower for using it, because many people misused it in the past to gain
higher rankings. Getting penalized by the search engines won't do your
traffic any good, I'd recommend using JavaScript for redirecting the
browser, as this isn't recognized by many SE's.

Hope this helps a bit :-)

Best wishes,
Lauri V�in
--
Lauri V�in
Your own .com .net .org domain name is the best