Re: search engines

by "Abhay S. Kushwaha" <abhay(at)kushwaha.com>

 Date:  Tue, 2 Nov 1999 15:16:12 +0530
 To:  "Basics [HWG]" <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
URLs are added manually. You have to submit them after all! You have
to do that on *each* search engine/directory. The difference is in
what happens after the submission. Hotbot has a spider which will
index your site, directories like DMOZ will have one of the editor to
review your site and added...

I do not have a list of engines which penalise for keyword repetition
with me. I mentioned Hotbot & Altavista to give an example (HotBot I'm
sure of since I was reading an article on it's development written by
one of the authors of the engine about a month or so back and
remember) Anyway, I'm digressing... ;-)

HTH,
[abhay]