Re: W3C HTML validator

by "Cindy Stanley" <stanleysupport(at)prodigy.net>

 Date:  Sun, 15 Aug 1999 21:58:05 -0400
 To:  <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
From: Darryle <Darkrose.bds(at)worldnet.att.net>
>Excellent Point Sue!!  I have been searched for sites with this logo
and of
>the 19 sites I looked at, NONE passed validation. The link to W3C
worked on
>all but one. So why would anyone want to put this logo on their site
>knowing the site won't validate???

I am not answering for myself, for I DO NOT display the validated logo
if the page itself truly does not validate, but ... going by some
response posts on one of the list's of hwg, I recall seeing suggestions
of putting scripts in comments so it will pass validation and then
taking them out of comments. I do not understand this theory at all.

>Can someone direct me to a site with the logo that does validate, I
would
>like to look at one.

A personal site of mine. Warning: graphic intense
<http://pages.prodigy.net/stanleysupport/toc.htm>

--
Cindy K. Stanley