Re: pop-up window

by "Cindy Stanley" <stanleysupport(at)prodigy.net>

 Date:  Thu, 19 Aug 1999 11:48:37 -0400
 To:  <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
From: Mac Fenwick <mfenwick(at)trentu.ca>
>1) Is it possible to have the document appear in a window other than a
>whole new browser window? Ideally, I would like it to come up in
something
>that has only the closing="x" button in the upper right corner.

Javascript can accomplish this with x, minimize/maximize buttons in
upper corner.

>2) Is there a way to put a button right inside the window that will
close
>it when the viewer is done reading the information?

not sure on that one, but I am sure it could be done w/ javascript
again.

>3) How can I control the size of the new window, and it's placement on
the
>screen?

as far as the size, use the width and height attributes w/in the form

>I would think that this could all be accomplished with some java, but I
>can't program javascript myself (yet) so would there be a good script
>floating around that someone could recommend?

<FORM><input type="button" Value="Open Window"
ONCLICK="window.open('http://www.wherever.com', 'Sample',
'toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status=no,menubar=no,scrollbars=y
es,resizable=no,copyhistory=yes,width=635,height=260')"></FORM>

(email program is wrapping: from toolbar to the end there are no spaces)

--
Cindy K. Stanley