Re: Page size defining, within tables

by "Cindy Stanley" <stanleysupport(at)prodigy.net>

 Date:  Mon, 30 Aug 1999 21:33:10 -0400
 To:  "HWG" <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
From: Rachel <Pray(at)netnitco.net>
>Okay, I am assuming that I did not clarify myself and therefore got no
>response. What I need to understand is how do I make a webpage that
will
>basically look the same on all browsers. I am working on a site and I
need
>the graphics to fit with the screen. I am using tables.

2 options here. Either specify your table's width to be 100%, or specify
your table's width to be in fixed pixels of no wider than, say, 620
(this does not cater to WebTV viewers), and choose to center the table
w/in the page (if you like).

>Do I use a table and
>then create tables within it or what ? Please be clear and basic on
>instructions. I am new to tables adn this is the first  site I have
created
>with tables.

Yes, you could -- this would all depend on graphics, text, background,
and layout you would like to achieve. Please be more specific to your
needs. A suggestion would be to find a site which has a layout that
interest you, and one that is marked up in tables (lots out there), and
view their source, then give it a go yourself. Come back w/ questions
for things gone wrong, after trying to create your layout using tables.
There might be tutorials online involving creating a layout presentation
w/ tables, but don't know of any off hand.

>Also is it possible to have a colored border and have it pass
>4.0??

The bordercolor, bordercolorlight, and bordercolordark table attributes
are not valid HTML4.0.

--
Cindy K. Stanley