Re: Tables.

by "Cindy Stanley" <stanleysupport(at)prodigy.net>

 Date:  Thu, 2 Sep 1999 20:13:46 -0400
 To:  <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
From: Reywob(at)aol.com <Reywob(at)aol.com>
>I want the right hand edge of the cell containing the pictures (not
uploaded)
>to be only the cellpadding distance away from the photo.  However, it
insists
>on staying further away.  Why?
>You can find the page at http://members.aol.com/reywob/test/
>Peter.

The table data you have your image in is referenced to be 42% wide,
while the image itself is 175 pixels wide. If you set your td's widths
in percentages, then the browser will fluctuate, accounting for that
percentage.

If you want to stick w/ using percentages, you could opt to have your
align=right in the td that holds the image (and possibly reduce the
width percentage for that td), and the text would not be so far away
from the right side of the image.

You could also opt to specify your width attributes in fixed pixels, and
then set that td to be align=175.

I have marked up pages myself, using percentages for the total width in
the table, and used fixed widths in the td's, but sometimes this plays
havoc when using images. You can experiment and test this method
yourself to make sure it works w/ your images and layout.

--
Cindy K. Stanley