Re: Need NN viewers please

by "Cindy Stanley" <stanleysupport(at)prodigy.net>

 Date:  Fri, 3 Sep 1999 02:41:08 -0400
 To:  "Karen Pickel" <pegleg(at)rapidnet.com>,
<hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
From: Karen Pickel <pegleg(at)rapidnet.com>
>I am having a problem with the alignment of some
>graphics.  On IE4.72.......  the following page has everything
>centrally aligned. (after the initial title and pic) What I
>need is someone to view it in NN.  I have one person
>who said that the bullet, divider bar, and button were
>all squished to the left in NN.  I pulled up locally in NN 4.08
>when I was making it with no problems.  I posted it to the web
>for them to view and that's when I heard there were problems.
>Can someone with NN tell me if the bullet, divider bar, and button
>are centered or are on the left?  I cleared my NN cache and still
>no problems here - but........
>The "test" page for the client is at:
>http://www.rapidnet.com/~pegleg/gary/

Viewing in IE4.0, the bullet, divider bar, and button are centered.

>If on the left, what could be the cause?

What browser are they viewing the align left in? You might try putting a
DIV align="center" or CENTER tag prior to the table tag (and close them,
of course, after the /TABLE). Have I read somewhere that the align
attribute in a TABLE tag does not work properly in some browsers?  Also,
you could try using the DIV align="center" in place of (or along with) P
align="center" prior to the bar, bullet and button (of course, you would
have to add a br or two prior, to take place of the line spacing a P tag
would generate, if you chose to do w/out the P align=center tag).

>They also said that the colors
>were way off (???)

Colors look beautiful to me! Great job :-)

>Could it have anything to do with that silly sparkle
>that follows the mouse?

Apparently not for me viewing the page.

--
Cindy K. Stanley