Re: center phasing out?

by "Cindy Stanley" <stanleysupport(at)prodigy.net>

 Date:  Sun, 5 Sep 1999 17:56:30 -0400
 To:  <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
From: Cindy Stanley <stanleysupport(at)prodigy.net>
>In one book (IDG, HTML 4 for Dummies), it does NOT read that the align
>attribute of the DIV tag has been deprecated.
>
>In another book (Sams Teach Yourself Web Publishing w/ HTML 4,
>Professional Reference Edition, copywrite 1999)
>attributes is ALIGN (deprecated in HTML 4.0)".
>
>Now, in this same book in the appendix section, it does NOT read that
>the align attribute of the DIV tag is deprecated.
>
>So, as it stands now, at least for me, I would take this into
>consideration and assume that the align attribute of the DIV element is
>deprecated, in favor of style sheets.

Now, after reading from another trusted source, I CANNOT assume that the
align attribute of the DIV element is deprecated. Oh what a wonderful
world of HTML!

Que, Platinum Edition, Using HTML 4, XML, and Java 1.2, copyright 1999:

"Note: The W3C has deprecated the <CENTER> tag in favor of using the
<DIV align="center"> tag."

Where's the tylenol (headache medicine)?

Bottom line NOW: I will continue to use the  <DIV
align="center/left/right"> for my alignment needs. So far, out of all
the sources that provided me w/ info on this element, the ratio now
stands at 3 to 1 to assure me  the align attribute of the DIV tag IS NOT
deprecated.

--
Cindy K. Stanley