Re: New to CGI

by "Cindy Stanley" <stanleysupport(at)prodigy.net>

 Date:  Wed, 22 Sep 1999 03:32:55 -0400
 To:  <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
From: Rob Bushman <bushman(at)goodnet.com>
To: hwg-basics(at)hwg.org <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
>I have a client that want's visitors to send the URL of his
>site to their friends. In other words, a text field where
>visitors enter the email address of a friend, they click a
>"send" or "submit" button, and an email message is sent to
>the friend containing the URL of the site.
>
>Can this be done? I've never done anything with CGI. It
>seems like I should be able to find some script, upload it
>to a cgi-bin (where this "bin" is, I don't have a clue),
>then create a form with the text field and the submit
>button. Can someone please give me detailed steps? Keep in
>mind, I'm a first-timer.
>
>My client will eventually have his site hosted with
>Interland. Would they have some CGI's to use for this?

You may get better solutions if you post this w/ the "servers" list.
That is where any and all CGI related info is addressed.

HWG-Servers:
This list is to be used by HTML Writers Guild to discuss matters related
to administrating and operating a World Wide Web server, including CGI
and server-side programming, HTTPD configuration, and other server
issues.
--
Cindy K. Stanley