Re: How to Register a URL???

by "Cindy Stanley" <stanleysupport(at)prodigy.net>

 Date:  Fri, 29 Oct 1999 14:39:28 -0400
 To:  <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
From: Vickey Kjelvik <vickeya(at)worldnet.att.net>
>Now I'd like to do it for myself, but I don't know how to
>register a URL.  I've tried the Internet, but questions about
>registering URLs don't seem to yield the right sites in search engines.

Maybe you are talking about registering a *domain* name, such as
yoursite.com?

>I don't want to use the freebie space many sites offer.  I want to be
>able to use a unique, independent URL.  Please help!

There are some servers that will host your site for free, but do place
ads in your web pages, to pay for the free hosting. A couple of those
free server/hosts are:

Virtual Avenue:
<http://www.virtualave.net/>

Hypermart:
<http://www.hypermart.net/>

Also, you could register your *domain* name through the server/host,
sometimes a fee is required, sometimes not. Or, you could register your
new *domain* name through

Network Solutions (the dot com people):
<http://www.networksolutions.com/>

--