Re: What am I forgetting?

by "Cindy Stanley" <stanleysupport(at)prodigy.net>

 Date:  Mon, 8 Nov 1999 15:33:16 -0500
 To:  "good folks" <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
From: Chuck Pratt <cops(at)firstcop.com>
>Am doing regular monthly update on http://www.bountyhunt.com in
>Composer since this is the program always used in past for this
>site.
>
>Seem unable to get link colors to respond correctly.  Either they
>don't change at all or they all change to purple.
>    Color scheme entered is
>    "Text Color"=black
>    "Link Color"=Blue
>    "Active Link Color"=Red
>    "Followed Link Color"=purple
>
>That's the scheme we've always had for this page, but this
>revision simply refuses to give me that color scheme.

Run your page through the w3 validator and weed your way through the
errors on your font tags, and you should find your problem. Apparently
you have font elements in illegal places, and possibly font color
attributes listed prior to your anchor tags (not sure, too many font
errors to determine), which may be causing your problem. Also, check
your doc type errors.

BTW, viewing in IE4.0, your link colors appear the way you describe
above.

--
Cindy K. Stanley