Re: The mysterious changing link color

by "Cindy Stanley" <stanleysupport(at)prodigy.net>

 Date:  Tue, 9 Nov 1999 01:53:57 -0500
 To:  "Marian Newman" <marian.newman(at)usu.edu>,
<hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
From: Marian Newman <marian.newman(at)usu.edu>
>Hi, a colleague of mine is working on a student web page, and for some
>reason, the links on this page (
>http://english.usu.edu/stc_usu/faqpg.html ) are appearing as a yucky
>light blue.  I've looked over code, and I can't see why that is
>happening, but I am a novice, and can easily overlook the obvious.

The cayan ("yucky light blue") color on your links is defined in the
body tag, in the attribute 'link='. That cayan color choice is not bad
on the blue left side border, but not with the links w/in the body
content of the page, the cayan does not show up well on the white
background.

You could opt to change the body content links to a better suitable
color against white, by adding <font color="#330066"> after your anchor
tags, and still keep the "yucky light blue" colored links in the left
side blue border.  For example:

<A HREF="http://www.utah.edu/stc"><font color="#330066">Intermountain
Chapter</font></A>

The above is just implementing straight HTML. There is also another way
to achieve different text effects in your document, by implementing CSS
(style sheets). CSS is introduced for 4+ browsers, so depending upon
your target audience, the choice would be yours.

--
Cindy K. Stanley