Re: Thumbnails

by "Cindy Stanley - Stanley Support Service" <stanleysupport(at)prodigy.net>

 Date:  Thu, 20 Apr 2000 23:04:38 -0400
 To:  <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
From: C. A. Milton <camilton(at)icx.net>

>Need some advice about thumbnails.  I thought they were all one size
>until I started browsing the web.  Is there a program/specific way to
>make them, or do you just resize any picture until it's "small"?  I
have
>Paint Shop Pro but couldn't find a "thumbnail" feature in it.

Most try to make their thumbnails 100x100 pixels, but may be hard to due
w/ pics that are not originally square around. I opt to *square off*
(crop) all my pics and then pull them up in a free app called All
Thumbs. This freebie seems to resize pics with decent clarity, as
opposed to using the resize/resample option in PSP. You can find the
free download here:

<http://hotfiles.zdnet.com/cgi-bin/texis/swlib/hotfiles/info.html?fcode=
0013H9>

You can also make thumbnails out of an entire folder of files, instead
of just doing one file at a time -- nice feature.

--
Cindy K. Stanley
Stanley Support Service