Re: guestbook, ecommerce, mailing list (was: I need some edjumicashun)

by "Cindy Stanley, SSS" <stanleysupport(at)prodigy.net>

 Date:  Tue, 25 Apr 2000 19:37:11 -0400
 To:  <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
From: WBass3(at)aol.com <WBass3(at)aol.com>
>Okay...   assuming that my clients server doesnt allow cgi....  is
there an
>alternative for submitting information??  or am I at a dead end tehre?

No, you could opt to go with having your cgi scripts hosted on another
server for free. Of course, this will take the viewer to another url,
other than one that is pathed off of the clients site, but usually there
is a way to customize that script's page to point the viewer back to
where he came from. Check out the url's below:

Cindy Stanley wrote:
>If you don't have cgi-bin access, then there are sites out there that
>will host cgi scripts for you. Start here:
><http://hostcgi.hypermart.net/> (hosts custom scripts for you)
><http://www.mycgiserver.com/>
><http://publicads.hypermart.net/>
><http://webland.hypermart.net/services/hosting.htm>

There are mailto forms you could use, but these are not reliable across
browsers and different OS's. Check with your client's server and see
what they offer as far as free add-ons, such as guestbooks, message
boards, counters, etc. There is a good possibility they already have
scripts that can be used.

--
Cindy K. Stanley,  SSS
Stanley Support Service