Re: uPpEr Or LoWeR cAsE?

by "Cindy Stanley, SSS WebWorks" <stanleysupport(at)prodigy.net>

 Date:  Sun, 20 Aug 2000 23:06:32 -0400
 To:  <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>,
<haoka(at)wi.tds.net>
  todo: View Thread, Original
From: Michael Jon Muehlendorf <haoka(at)wi.tds.net>
>I remember some threads in the past that dealt with the issue of using
>upper or lower case for HTML tags.
>So, is there a general consensus on the list as to which is better.
Opinions?
>Also, what is the general feeling on using quotes around attributes in
>tags?

If you want to begin preparing yourself for using and viewing XML
(extensible markup language) <http://www.xml.com/pub/98/10/guide0.html>,
XHTML (extensible hypertext markup language)
<http://www.wdvl.com/Authoring/Languages/XML/XHTML/>, and other emerging
languages, then be wise and follow these basic rules:

1. Create well-formed documents (no sloppy coding, no illegal nesting of
tags, symmetrical forming of beginning and ending tags)
2. Element and attribute names must be in lowercase
3. All attributes must be quoted
4. End tags are required in non-empty elements (close any elements that
contain data: ie, </p>)

--
Cindy K. Stanley, SSS
Stanley Support Service