Re: Simple(?) HTML Question

by "Cindy Stanley, SSS" <stanleysupport(at)prodigy.net>

 Date:  Mon, 13 Nov 2000 14:26:19 -0500
 To:  "Bustin,
Ruth" <rbustin(at)fcg.com>,
<hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
 Cc:  "Ari" <aribustin(at)netscape.net>
  todo: View Thread, Original
From: Bustin, Ruth <rbustin(at)fcg.com>

>How do I create a text link without it being underlined?? Is that
possible
>to force or is it up to how the user has his/her browser set up?

The above is accomplished by using pseudo classes in CSS style
rule(cascading style sheets).  You would put the following in between
your <head> and </head> elements:

<!--
a:link { text-decoration: none; color: #000000}
-->

>Also, how do I make it change color with a mouseover? Is all this only
>possible with graphic text?

Again, CSS, by using the a:hover pseudo class. So, now you will have
this instead:

<!--
a:link { text-decoration: none; color: #000000 }
a:hover { text-decoration: underline; color: #ffffff }
-->

The hover pseudo class is IE specific, meaning it is not active when
viewing through NS, but your document will not produce errors and
will still produce your normal html markup. Here is a work-around for
hovering in NS:

<http://builder.cnet.com/Programming/Kahn/032598/trad.html>

--
Cindy K. Stanley